Thursday, October 8, 2009

Welcome home Autumn

This has always been my favorite time of year. The smell, sight and sound of leaves rustling in the towering trees, tumbling downward, scraping across a sidewalk and crunching below our feet... the aroma of wood burning in the distance... pulling out your favorite heavy blankets and cuddling close.

I find myself melancholy and trying to recall all of these innocent, pure moments that made my childhood a happy one. It wasn't always, nor mostly filled with these blissful moments, in fact I have trouble even remembering much of my childhood.

Autumn is like a mother to me. She comforts me and beckons me to join the real world. Encourages me to leave todays mistakes behind and look towards tomorrow while lightly kissing my face as I leave the familiar comforts of home.

1 comment:

Shiny said...

And here I am complaining that it's cold!