Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy birthday hunny!

My fourteen year old turns 24 today, they grow up so fast don't they?

Prepare your gag reflexes, I am going in! Have I mentioned how much I love this man? I had no idea life could be this way, and I hate myself for the words I am typing lol
I have the best life! Such a stretch from the mess I was even a couple years ago. I fear the inevitable "birthday" every year, though I can't help but to admit that it just keeps getting better.

Also people, we are in no rush for kids at the time being. Partly I think, because I realize I am just too selfish to share him with anyone else at this point, and I love the life we have today. We are young, I adore the ability to just take off whenever we want to... we stay up all night and sleep half the day. Our house is quiet, and with our sense of style it isn't really baby proof.
We don't have to worry about not being able to cover bills, we are comfortable financially but we are not the type of people to go out and just blow money either and I don't know if you've noticed but those little chubby people cost a lot! Planning our wedding strangely, has put a lot of things in perspective for me. I am more into my sisters babies where I can go get them, then send them home.

I am so proud of us and how far we have come, those who know us best, know what I am talking about. We've literally grown up together, moving in at 18 and 20 and that means some of the time we were more like bickering brother and sister than boyfriend and girlfriend. We want to enjoy married life before adding kids to the mix, what is the rush? My oldest brother told me, he enjoys things more now in his early thirties than in his twenties.

Don't get me wrong, we love babies and children (well, most of them lol I am talking to you mom at Target who awkwardly ignores her red faced screaming brat) and I think we will make amazing parents. However, we want to enjoy it, plan it and be ready for it when it happens. Turning 26 in 9 days, I definitely hear my clock ticking, I just opt to keep hitting the snooze button...

*UPDATE* So today we went forth and celebrated the day his mother expelled him from her uterus. I picked him up Kat Williams new DVD it's pimpin' pimpin' and the Offsprings CD Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. We met his Aunt where she plays on a pool league so she treated us to a meal of buffalo wings (I hate the drumsticks so Brad eats those lol) and Brad also wanted the buffalo chicken pizza.
The wings were killer, but the bleu cheese was horrid. She says she treated me too because "my bday was a few days after Brads" (ehrm, that would be almost 2 weeks lol) I had a few drinks, dependable/responsible Brad did not, and sure enough I passed out when I got home... poor guy didn't even get birthday head!

1 comment:

Coyote said...

Happy Birthday Becky's Hunny!!! LMAO! @ the 14 year old turning 24!
I hope you guys have a wonderful time.

I love your thoughts on having children. You'll know when your ready! And 26 is really young!

Have a good time sweetie!