Thursday, October 2, 2008

How heartless can you be?

I feel really bad for this little long haired chihuahua across the street. His owners don't give a rats ass about him, at the same time it is getting old.

They also have a golden retriever, both are friendly and attractive dogs but upon closer inspection... Bailey (the chi) is very noticeably losing his fur all over his rear and back. This is a problem for me because when he is out, he is running across the road to come play with my guys. I don't know if what he has is contagious.
I don't let my dogs outside unsupervised, ever. It is hard to keep him away from my dogs. I've tried water, unfriendly tones. Chasing him while clapping loudly behind him... Even telling his owners what he is up to while he is shut out probably 20 hours out of the day. Eventually he stopped fearing me, now he just wants me to give him attention and pet him *sigh*.

Chance (the golden) has mats around his neck most likely from also scratching like mad.

So far, I have seen Bailey almost get run over about a dozen times. Seen him almost get gobbled up by a pitbull that dragged the guy to him (another neighborhood idiot can't control his dog). Why get a dog if you are not willing to make it and everyone around safe? For bragging rights? I assure you, a scrawny hairless chi is not the image you are trying to project.

The woman, is a real class act. She is the type of rough chick that will fight out in the street while her whole rats nest looks on and absorbs it. Case and point, her twelve year old pain in the butt kid acting just like her trying to fight younger girls in the neighborhood and showing her ass in public.
I am not the only one to have cussed them out in the middle of the street while I chase their dog back to their yard. I saw a woman stop her car and tell her off warning she better be careful because he will be hit or stolen.

The "man of the house"... I have seen Bailey slink down and piss on the side walk where he stands when he calls his name. That is severe anxiety. When I tried to talk to him about the little dog, I was told "Take him!". I actually felt bad for having 3 of my own dogs already, and not taking him up on his offer. Technically, It's not my problem... and yet, here we are.

It's also been rainy and cold the past week. It will not be hard for me to "take him" and find him a new home when I have completely had enough of it where he will be loved and taken care of, he comes into our yard squeezing under our gate for Pete sake.
I wish there really were a"Animal Cops"... Unfortunately, I have witnessed on several occasions even our local police force hesitates to do anything when there is a disturbance in the neighborhood with the local drunken crack heads.

1 comment:

Coyote said...

Honey, I'm sorry...........