Thursday, October 16, 2008

Quarantine

quarantine Pictures, Images and Photos
The movie did not disappoint, other then them showing the ending in the trailer. I watched a bootleg version and shortly realized I should have seen this one in theaters! I'd say, approximately 13 minutes into it...
I was sitting on the edge of my seat grabbing my face for at least an hour, I jumped quite a few times.
I was left with an unsettled stomach when it was all said and done. Not sure if it had something to do with the fact that I was intentionally scaring the piss out of myself for a little over two hours... The fact that I hadn't eaten anything in a while, or the shaky hand held filming technique they used which really makes you feel like you a witnessing something awful, first hand.

The story wasn't too far fetched. News reporter Angela Vidal seemingly clawing her way towards the top, and her camera man Scott are stuck following around the Los Angeles fire department for what the most part, starts out an uneventful evening. They are called out to a building after neighbors report hearing screams and terrifying sounds from her apartment. People in a building start contracting a strange illness that resembles rabies, only far more powerful and the symptoms develop rapidly, within minutes... Unlike the longer incubation period of a couple months with rabies. It also plays on my fear of the dark, as the camera light is the only light we are left with after the military cut the cable and power to the building during the quarantine.
The entire movie is viewed from Scott's equipment.

I love Jennifer Carpenter! She is one of my favorite fresh newer female actresses. She did a phenomenal job in The Exorcism of Emily Rose, adore her foul mouthed character as the serial killer Dexter's sister in the Showtime series, and she really terrifies you in Quarantine. It's worth the couple bucks you'll shell out.

On a side note, we are going to Foxwoods again! Of course going to stop by and party with the brothers and sister in laws along the way. Brad was so cute, he said "Now you can get your hair thing done." (at the Foxwoods Grand Pequot salon) *grin*
He was referring to my color correction where I want to go back to a darker, natural blond or a light honey brown with highlights for the wedding. I haven't seen my hair it's natural color, since probably around sophomore or junior year.

I always try to write it down when he says something that makes me melt. Like the phase where he was calling me "Gillette" for a while. He said I was "the best a man can get" lol
Or when he really listens to what I say when I am trying to give him advice because of the drastically different lives we've led (haven't we all?), and tries his best to make an effort to make me happy.
I hope he realizes I don't want him to do it for me, all I want for him is to be happy and have the courage to live for himself, rather than worrying about letting everyone else down.
I want him to do things for himself, live with the consequences of the decisions he is making. Sometimes 2 years really is a huge age difference. I am patient, and I will continue to support him cheering on the side lines as he sorts things out. It is hard not to see the 14 year old boy smiling back at me at times though, which also makes me wonder how I will fare as a mother lol

Anyhow, he booked us a suite at the MGM Grand for 8 nights, the 26th to the 3rd of November (another busy month for us with both of our birthdays, the engagement photo shoot, Thanksgiving...) I can't wait! We've stayed in The Grand Pequot suites, The MGM is even better so I am really excited. I am sticking to a "diet" consisting mostly Panera Bread with combo trio where you can get either a soup, and a sandwich or a soup and a salad etc... with an apple so I can maintain, so I will fit in this god forsaken wedding dress hanging over my head!
Of course, I will have to stop by Pizza Chef and order one of the worlds best calzones while I am in my home town... pizza here really blows, and not in the fun way.
Brad's already been trying to devise a plan where we can get away with bringing a few home and freeze them.

My niece is starting to talk at 10 months. She says "yana" (her name is Ariana), mom mom, pop pop, and dada. I feel old in saying the old cliche' but it is so true... they grow so fast! She also drinks from straws and walks holding onto things.
Photobucket

I called the DJ and told him we would be out of town until after the third, but after then, we could sort out a date to sit down and get things started with the wedding. He is a really nice guy. I love everyone we've hired so far, but the caterer tends to piss me off lol

Other than washing a fuck lot of clothes, last minute housework and making sure the animals are taken care of before we take off in a couple days... we are going to dinner at my in laws again! I can't wait, I am so proud of Brad and judging by his actions and the look on his face, he is also elated.

1 comment:

Coyote said...

Im so envious of your getting away trip! It sounds so fun! I cant wait to see the new hair!
I think miss ariana looks like aunt becky!