Friday, October 10, 2008

I miss you sleep!

I had such a hard time getting out of that nice warm bed today. Brad was actually up before I was! I opened my eyes to his huge grin and a thumbs up, which I later had to confirm had taken place...

Now I am having a really hard time just letting go and falling asleep this morning. I watched the second disc of Two and a Half Men, season 2... ate a butt load of grapes and an apple (okay, and a handful of Hershey's milk chocolate baking chips from the bag), Discovered how desperately I truly need to wash that load of darks and threw it in plain view so I would be annoyed and inconvenienced enough to do something about it! Off and on watched Brad play a couple tables...shifted the cleverly hidden "whatever" pile in our room around, managed to put a few of the clothes that were lingering about mixed up in there without designated areas and now I am catching up on a few blogs.

I would hit the bowl, I can't bring myself to waste fine product!

Oh, I got to find out something important about my sisters kid in the best way today! <--sarcasim, From the mouth of the future mother in law (who is not speaking to me, again) because she works with my mother, and my mother made the mistake of telling her what was going on when she stuck her nose in and asked her what was up when my sister called her cell phone while they were busy.
She then immediately returns home, to call Brads grandmother, who in turn calls me (before my mother or my sister, whom she's never met has a chance to) to fill me in on the details.

Call me crazy, but I was fucking pissed. This is a woman who is constantly landing veiled blows about how she is so jealous of my family, she can't see straight, yet she continuously pushes everyone in her family and the rest of the civilized world away, forces and bullys her way around living through everyone and gossiping about them. How everything is about me and my family. How she and her daughter are no longer coming to my wedding...
I can't comprehend the train of thought that those who love you are a disposable luxary when the mood strikes you. With real love, it is all or nothing. You accept someone and love them for who they are, flaws and all... wouldn't dream of changing them... or you are a self absorbed, dillusional dip shit.

Anyhow, the child got into a fairly heart stopping accident at school today. Some how, he ended up with a pen he had in his mouth jammed in the back of his throat just above the uvula, becoming the new owner of a hole the size of a soda can opening. At first, they thought surgery was required, from what I hear they later discovered there was nothing they could do for it. So he is taking clear fluids, antibiotics and a pain reliever or two. Poor kid.

Ironic how such a lazy, slow start to a day would end this way. There is a Dannon, strawberry fruit on the bottom yogurt and a slice of low cal wheat toast taunting me in that kitchen!

No comments: